Convert INT array to FLOAT (while scaling it - dividing it by 10 at same time)

darkesha

Hi, I read a modbus map in array of 350 elements.
The destination is integer.

Now I want to copy this array into floating point array while scaling it at the same time (dividing it by 10).

Is this possible to be done in one instruction, such as DIV or compute or something more advanced ?

Something that would look like this ?

-div-
source A: INT[0]
source B: 10
destination: FLOAT[0]
length: 350

Otherwise I will have to go manually and divide every integer by 10 and store it into next subset of array.
Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, CtrlLgx platform.

Thanks, I will give it a go in 5 min.

---maybe not that fast though.
This plant goes down once every 2-3 years.
And since this has chance of major fault, I have to test it first.

Last edited:
see attached file

Inside your routine you will have:

INT[INDEX]/10 = FLOAT[INDEX]

source A: INT[0] (your modbus array)
source B: 10
destination: FLOAT[0]

Index is going to be from 0 up to 350.
initial value = 0
terminal value = 350
Step size is 1.

For.jpg