Allen bradley ethernet/ip

julspower

Hi
Im looking to communicate with a optyma-32-f (5725.32f.ei) from pneumax with a micrologix 1400.
im using rslogix500
at this moment I get an active connection on the device but the msg function always return me an error 0xe0 saying I get a error code in return from the device.
I have tried many setting for the msg function, generic CIP also return the same code.

Anyone can help me out on this?
Thank you

In general, MicroLogix and SLC-5/05 controllers cannot create I/O connections over EtherNet/IP. That is a feature of the ControlLogix and the CompactLogix family only.

So you won't be able to create a conventional I/O control connection to this device.

But you might be able to access configuration or status variables using the CIP generic messaging feature of the MicroLogix 1400.

Try the very basic Get Attribute Single addressed to Class 1, Instance 1, Attribute 1. That should reply with the Vendor ID of the device, which will at least prove that you have it configured correctly and that the firmware is working right.

What do you want to do with this pneumatic regulator and the MicroLogix ?

Thats a start I read 2 bytes 0x081B so communication is working
I will use explicit messaging to read the in and out of the device (it has a input block and 3 valves on it)

Im not sure on the final project for now I have to prove the communication work fine
Thank you

I cannot access the EtherNet/IP instructions or the EDS files from their website; can you get them ?

In general the I/O Assemblies are Class 4, Instances 100 and 101, Attribute 1.

Many systems use Instance 100 for Input and Instance 101 for output. But many use different Instance numbers, so it's crucial to know what the Instance numbers and sizes are.

This might not work at all; many devices only allow a true cyclic I/O connection to the Assembly object by the Connection object, and won't allow you to read and write that data with Explicit Messages.

And I am a notorious critic of attempting to use MicroLogix for a job that requires CompactLogix, especially for Ethernet purposes.

All that being said... welcome to the Forum !

It does work
100 as output 101 as input
I do agree this is not the "optimal" method of using that block
but for now its just a proof we can do it
Thank to you for pointing the right way

Hi
Now I have a compactlogix l23e to do the samething using their built-in communication and read/write io of the same io device.
can you help me setup the io scanner for this?