Siemens Comfort panel SD cards data transfer

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to remotely connect to a Siemens comfort panel and send (copy) a PDF to the SD card that can be optionally installed?

We looking to put work instructions on the HMI.

If I have time this week I will setup a test panel and see if it has open ports for telnet or ssh but I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this already.

With the smartservice option you can access a service web-page on the panel, and there is a "file browser" amongst the utilities on the web-page. Not sure if that allows you to copy files to the panel, but I think you can.

You can try to enable the smartservice option and see how it goes. It will work even without a license, just showing a nag-screen every now and then.

I never got to the testing phase. My priorities got re-assigned before I could get to it.

Last edited:
Since the start of the thread, I have since found that the webserver possibly do not require that a smartservice license is installed.
In the Runtime settings in the WinCC project, go to Services .. Diagnostics .. and activate HTML Pages. But without Remote Control .. Start Sm@rtserver. This compiles and does not ask for a license.

Since the start of the thread, I have since found that the webserver possibly do not require that a smartservice license is installed.
In the Runtime settings in the WinCC project, go to Services .. Diagnostics .. and activate HTML Pages. But without Remote Control .. Start Sm@rtserver. This compiles and does not ask for a license.

Hi,

So is it possible to browse a SD Card in a Panel (Comfort TP900 for example) and copy csv files from the SD Card of this Panel to a PC (with Ethernet connection) without SmartServer licence ?

I believe so. Try it out and tell us how it goes.

I am trying this out. The old documentation I found say the default username / password are
Administrator

but this doesn't seem to work. I never set a password for this end of things. Where do you configure this?
I don't see any options in TIA/WinCC.
I see in the control panel a 'Password' area but I assume that sets a password for changing settings in the panel not for connecting via the web server.

Last edited:
I have verified you can send documents to the SD card stored in the panel.

Step 1 - Enable web server from TIA Portal (stated by JesperMP above)
- In TIA Portal expand your panel and goto 'Runtime settings' then select 'Services' and enable 'HTML pages' in the 'Diagnostics' section.
- compile and download

Step 2 - Create a user in 'WinCC Internet Settings' from the 'control panel' of the physical panel (mine is a TP1200).
- Open the 'control panel' then open 'WinCC Internet Settings'.
- Goto the 'Web Server' tab and select 'User Administration'
- Setup a password for 'Administrator'
- Then create a new user and give the the proper 'Authorizations' (file browser etc..)

Step 3 - Restart the web server when it requests it upon closing the dialog box

Step 4 - Upload the file
- Enter IP address of the HMI in your browser
- Login with your newly created account
- Select 'File Browser'
- Select 'Storage Card SD'
- Use the Browse option to locate the file on your PC and upload the the required location.

I have verified you can send documents to the SD card stored in the panel.

Step 1 - Enable web server from TIA Portal (stated by JesperMP above)
- In TIA Portal expand your panel and goto 'Runtime settings' then select 'Services' and enable 'HTML pages' in the 'Diagnostics' section.
- compile and download

Step 2 - Create a user in 'WinCC Internet Settings' from the 'control panel' of the physical panel (mine is a TP1200).
- Open the 'control panel' then open 'WinCC Internet Settings'.
- Goto the 'Web Server' tab and select 'User Administration'
- Setup a password for 'Administrator'
- Then create a new user and give the the proper 'Authorizations' (file browser etc..)

Step 3 - Restart the web server when it requests it upon closing the dialog box

Step 4 - Upload the file
- Enter IP address of the HMI in your browser
- Login with your newly created account
- Select 'File Browser'
- Select 'Storage Card SD'
- Use the Browse option to locate the file on your PC and upload the the required location.

Thanks for the description, I have a project coming up who like to transfer files from USB->PC over network. I will try and see if this works also for a basic panel.

Not a problem. Let us know if it works for you.

What series/model of panel is it?