versamax data conversion

jnnewton

I am using a GE versamax plc with a maple OIT. What I need to do is input a value (int) less than the maximum 32000 and then multiply it by a value that makes it greater than the maximum. I don't care how this is done, all I need to do is pass this value on to another device in the form of an ascii string. I will need to place it in a series of registers so that I can call it with a commreq function, which I understand enough to do. I will be inputing a number between 200 and 2000, and then multiplying it by 262.157 before passing it along. How is this done???

once I multiply it and get the new REAL, I believe that I will need to convert back to hex or int in order to specify ascii characters. will this be allowed (HEX) even with the 32000 limit? Or can I specify via real and it be read the same as int by the commreq. All of the commreqs I've used were with hex in the registers

Is the VersaMax controlling the transmission of the ASCII string? When you tell it to transmit the contents of two consecutive %R registers as ASCII data, the receiving device needs to be able to interpret the contents properly. If it's expecting a DINT and you send it a REAL, you're in trouble. In that case, convert from REAL to DINT and transmit the two-register DINT value.