612 error code at PV 600

Abo Hozifa

Hi guys,

The problem occurred when a short circuit occurs on a solenoid valve powered from an output card, but the protective fuse didn't be suitable so the output module is broken and a fault occur the CPU. so, I reset the CPU to factory setting and download the backup program. now, the system works normally but I have two issues:
1) Error 612 at panel view.
2) SCADA prog can't communicate with PLC program.

I think that I download the correct PLC program but with a different name that the panel view program and scada have so they can't establish the communication.

Please, give any advices because now I can't see any alarms at automation line without panel view or scada

open

Last edited:
612 seems to be "No Active Nodes Found on Network"

Seems you have lost your comms to the Plc or somehow the comms settings are different in the program you downloaded.

Can you see your PLC as Active in RSLinx?

What is the Model of the PLC & HMI and what SCADA are you using?

BCS

I dont know your Scada.

When you are going online with your PLC at the moment are you doing this over a network? (DH+, DH485, Ethernet using some type of adapter) or are you connecting to the SLC direcly via Serial.

What driver in RSLinx are you using to see the PLC right now, did you just create a new DF1 driver so you could download the program?

Do you see this SLC listed under any other driver in RSLinx?
Or I guess I should say do you normally connect to this SLC using a Driver other than DF1? (If you are indeed using DF1 at the moment)

If you are connecting Serial then that might explain how you see the SLC but the PV cannot.

Do you know what comm set up your PV uses?
Do you know the complete model # of your PV?

Last edited:
1) The communication between the PLC and PC via serial to Ethernet converter then fast Ethernet switch to PC.
2) RS 232 DF1 driver. yes , I create a new drive.
3)PV comm set up: buad rate 19200 node 2, max node 5.
4)DH 458 lamp flashes also comm indicator at PV flashes.
5) When I enter SCADA software the processor goes offline at RSlogix, and marked with a red x at RSlinx.
6) complete PV model is 2711-T6C2lL.

I am still not clear on you comm set up.

It sounds like you are using Dh485 for comms between the pv and Plc and then using an ethernet converter to go to the SCADA PC.

So if this is the case then your DH485 comms to you plc are not opperational.

Since you are able to go online to the SLC can you go to your project tree and look under "Channel Configuration" under the Look under the Chan 1 tab and let us know what you see Driver, baud, node address, and any other info that might be there.
Also do the same for channel 0.

Also you have not given the model # for the panelview that you are using yet. This will also be helpful.

I am a novice but trying to help you out. At the very least I am trying to get you to post all the nessisary information here so others with more experience will have all the information to assist you.

BCS

Abo Hazifa,

Just for S&G can you cycle the power to your SLC off for a few seconds, and then power it back on and see if your comms restore to the PV and your SCADA?

Ok Bering thanks a lot for your tips.
I use Dh485 chan 1 for comms between PLC and PV, and chan 0 to comms between PLC and SCADA PC though serial to ethernet converter.
chan 1: Buad 19200, node :1 and comm active bit S:1/7 is 0.

PV panel model is AB panel view 600

Ok then, were you able to power down the SLC, then wait a few seconds, then power it back on and see if your comms come back up.

I get the feeling that they should.

Also PV600 is not the Model # of the panelview. It would be may something like 2711-xxx.xxx or something like that.

BCS

Can you go online with the processor thru the DH485 port? We had a similar problem with a 5/03 and PV600. Turned out the port on the 5/03 was no longer functioning. Swapped out the processor and all was well.

I try to remove power and replace it again. But nothing happens.

I will explain the problem again will a simple way.
I have a plc is connected with SCADA pc via serial to ether net converter. The same plc is connected to pv via DH485 .
the problem now is that I can go online and acess the plc using rslogix on the scada pc but when I enter the scada software the processor go offline and marked by a red x on rslinx. and tags on scada are missing
Also the comm between plc and pv panel can't be established, the DH485 in cpu is flashing and the panel shows 612 error code.
thanks for your patience.

I solve the scada problem.

But,still the same error at pv. I am sure that cannel 1 at cpu and pv panels have the same configuration.
Baud 19200,max node :5 and cpu node is 1 , 1st pv node is 2 , and 2nd pv node is 3.
And the processor name is the same.
PV model is 2711-T6C2LI

So I can't find what is wrong? ??!

Last edited: