Question AB Micrologix and PanelView Plus communications protocol

hhhjr2

Hello, Hopefully someone can help me. I want a PanelView Plus that communicates with a Micrologix 1400 via Ethernet to communicate with an additional device. The additional communications device is a MONICO/Redlion DSP. Right now I have a GE Ifix SCADA configured to log data from the PanelView Plus. This is emission data that I am required to keep records for the DEP. I also have the the PanelView Plus using Data Store Plus recording the info as a back up. There is one component missing that I do not log with the PanelView Plus One of my goals would be to intergrate the PanelView Plus to communicate with the Red Lion Data Sanitation Plus LE, so I could log a tag with the Data Store Plus that is available on the Red Lion Data Station, but I am unsure if the PanelView Plus is capable of communicating with more than the PLC and GE industrial Gateway at the same time. One of my thoughts were to use ModBud via Rs 232 to communicate with the Micrologix and read that tag in the PanelView Plus but I think I may be able to use the already available Ethernet communications. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks HHHJR

The panel view and red lion should have no issues with communicating with each other and the PLC. If they dont already have built in driver (which i think they do) I know the panel view you can set up using a kepware driver. The red lion should be easy to set up and have everything you need.