QuickPanel+ Password Problem

dobidust

Hi all, I have a brand new "7" QuickPanel+ that I cannot download to because of password problems. The message I get is "please enter the password for secured operations". This message comes up every time I try to download. I have followed procedures for clearing the memory of the HMI but it did not work. I have also tried creating new basic projects and downloading those but to no avail. If someone could offer some advice on this problem it would be much appreciated.

Need more information.
Is this new and the first use, if not you must get the PW from the original user.
You can turn off checking on this in PME if the system is new. (You must read the fine print.)
The only other way is to re-load the firmware of the QucikPanel+ then turn off "Enhanced Security" before accessing the unit. (Read the fine print, do not assume that it works like your last manufacture's did.)
The Firmware and instructions can be found here: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=home&view=AUTOMATION

Hi Russ

Yes this is new I have not managed to get a program in it yet because of the password problem. I have disabled enhanced security but no joy. I will look at the firmware option now.

Cheers

D

The latest firmware added to the web site yesterday includes a tool to reset Enhanced Security instead of reloading the firmware every time. It also adds some additional features and fixes.

> Seven Inch; DN4145: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=dwchannel&id=23301020713bdd5d0143dd9ac0eb007cfa
IC755CxW07CDA_V1.00_Build20
1. Standalone Secomea configuration tool as a 3rd party secured solution.
2. Touch sensitivity Setting Tool with High/Normal/Low/Default options.
3. Reset "Enhanced Security(ES)" tool now available to reset ES when security details are forgotten.
4. USB to RS485 communication issue addressed.

> 10, 12, 15 Inch; DN4185: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=dwchannel&id=23301026fd640d10145b72ce680007ec2
IC755CxSxxCDx_V1.00_Build11
1. Standalone Secomea configuration tool as a 3rd party secured solution.
2. Touch sensitivity Setting Tool with High/Normal/Low/Default options.
3. Reset "Enhanced Security(ES)" tool now available to reset ES when security details are forgotten.
4. USB to RS485 communication issue addressed.

Last edited:
QuickPanel+ Pasword Problem Solved

Hi Russ

Thanks for the info. I spoke to GE today and they give me some instructions on how to clear it.

For other members benefit, if you do not want to update the firmware, you can do the following -

Go to the windows folder and change the settings to allow the user to see the hidden files > then in the windows folder locate and Delete from the HMI following files: \windows\folder.bin, \windows\secdata.bin then check the flash folder and try to delete everything in it > then do a reboot and the problem should be solved.

Please note that I deleted the flash folders contents and he windows folders contents but it did not work until I tried the above.

As Russ points out you can install the new firmware but this is another option.

Cheers

D:nodi: