Connecting PC as a master and stepper motor as a slave using rs485

mbreddy

Hi,
I have a arcus stepper motor which supports rs232/rs485. I am able to connect and work with motor using rs232 (using DB9 cable) but i am confused how to connect this motor for RS485 mode with same DB9 cable.

In motor specs they mentioned i need to connect +485 pin of motor to PC +485 and -485 to -485.But I am confused what are the pin numbers i have to connect in the DB9 serial cable.

rs485 is needed to implement modbus protocol.This might be a simple.

thanks

Similar Topics

Hello to every one I have a delta plc with model dvp12sa2 As you know this type of plc has 3 coms , com2 and com3 are rs485 I want to connect...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I'm a new member, everyone who could pleased show me how to config S7-300 and BK3150 communication, i tried to do it but when i...
Replies
Views
I'm having a little problem configuring my WinCC project. I have a Profibus network with 1 master and 8 slaves (each PLC with alarm_S data)...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have configured a SLC 5/04 with one serial port for half duplex master. I have had to set it up this way to communicate to some...
Replies
Views
Good Day to all of you, this is my first post, i will try to explain as best as possible, english is not my natural language. I am performing an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom