Devicenet Problem

We have a 1769-sdn scanner that is giving me a lot of problems. Last week node #2 ( 1738-adn12) had a short in the card. I replaced the card, repaired short, and it was still flashing red ( pointbus status light ) . I went online with rsnetworx for devicenet. I was able to go online, upload the program. It says node #2 not initialized, but the others nodes are. I checked the scanlist, inadvertently I pulled off everything from the scanlist and put back into available list. I quickly realized my mistake and put them back into the scanlist and then downloaded back into the scanner. Then I couldn't communicate with anything. I ended up replacing scanner from another machine and it took right off, no issue, hell I didn't even have to program it ( sister machines, almost identical ). Everything worked flawlessly for 4 days. Now the issue is back ( not the short or bad card, just the issue once everything was repaired. ) This happened on the off shift, and the first time I know they were hot swapping ( with power still on ) cards in and out of node 2, and they probably did the same the second time.

Is there a way to erase the scanner and start over? I cant communicate with it right now. Rslink don't see it at all. If I cycle power, it will see it, until I upload or download then I lose it again. I am just using my laptop thru Ethernet. Should I buy a DeviceNet Interface Cable 1784-U2DN? Any suggestions? I have 2 new scanners coming.... Thanks