VFD to motor cable via plug/socket advice

Hello
I normally run VFD cable from the drive directly to the motor un-interrupted, with a good shield connection at the drive end, and an EMC gland at the motor terminal box to give a good 360 degree wrap on the shield there, too.
No EMC problems = happy me.

Against my better judgement, I need to have the motors on a project with a plug and socket local to the motor.

Does the collective know of a plug and socket supplier, where the cable screen can be connected through (obviously without pigtails) ie giving me a 360 degree wrap on the shields of the incoming/outgoing cable?

I'm considering a P-clip on both cables' shield connected via braid, although this negates my reason for using plug and socket.

Pp

Similar Topics

We are looking into installing a well water pump (480vac, 25hp, 40FLA) with a PowerFlex 755 VFD. The challenge is that the well is located about...
Replies
Views
Hello, It is mandatory to use VFD IF i use IE5 electrical motor? What happens If connect it directly as delta without VFD? Please look at motor...
Replies
Views
HI i have a delta VFD M-series in the manual, in order to enter the motor rated current you set the parameter P,52 =the motor rated current my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Quick question. If motor name plate says 1400 RPM @50 Hz and VFD speed is set to 20Hz does that mean the motor shaft is rotating at...
Replies
Views
Hi, The distance between a Yaskawa VFD GA700, 45KW and the motor is 75 meters. I am using an output inductor between the VFD and the motor. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom