Download panelview program for backup

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an older panelview attatched to an SLC 5/05 rack via DF1. I had a few questions regarding this.

1. What kind of serial cable is the panelview connected to the 5/05 with?

2. I need to download the program currently on it as a backup. What is the best way to get connected and download the program?

3. Is there a good resource for this information? I suppose maybe the user manual?

I have no aversion to reading if you guys can point me in the direction of a resource that contains the information I need.

Thanks guys!

Sparkie,

It has been a bit since I have done this but I think this works.

If your panelview standard is using RS232 you can connect right to it with your usb to serial adapter and straight through cable.

2-2
3-3
5-5

and upload the program with PB32.

If it is using DH485 then you will need the 1747-UIC.

2. I need to download the program currently on it as a backup.

You need to UPLOAD the program currently on it as a backup.

BCS

Last edited:
Sparkie,

It has been a bit since I have done this but I think this works.

If your panelview standard is using RS232 you can connect right to it with your usb to serial adapter and straight through cable.

2-2
3-3
5-5

and upload the program with PB32.

If it is using DH485 then you will need the 1747-UIC.

You need to UPLOAD the program currently on it as a backup.

BCS

Thanks for the info. Yea, what I meant was "upload." It is always a bit confusing to us computer guys because those actions are named relative to the PLC rather than to the computer (IE UPLOAD in the software DOWNLOADS to the computer). Thanks for the info!

Yep, I know what you are saying.

But you dont want to confuse the two of them at the moment you are executing the command. :oops:

Especially if you are attempting to Upload your only form of back up for the first time. šŸ™ƒ

BCS

Haha, yea our IT guys have made that mistake before. It was funny listening them explain to me the difference between a download and upload after they failed at trying to download a program off of a PLC. (that is download from the computer's perspective)

Last edited: