Learning RSLogix 5000 (HELP ME!!)

I have been currently trying to learn how to use RSlogix 5000 and create ladder logics.
However, it is giving me some trouble and it seems like a foreign language to me.
I have watched youtube videos, watched others program, and used it myself.
How is a great way to learn it without going to a class or course.
Are there any tips and tricks to this that you guys used??
Have you any found any free downloads or videos that have helped you?
Please help me out on this, thanks

I'm not using RSL5k for very long. The company I work for bought it for me to complete a large project that required a compactlogix processor. I didn't do any formal training with it. The only help I received was from the sales rep who organised for a trainer to sit with me for 6 hours and give me a crash course on RSL5k and FTV studio.

I found that due to the intensity of the training a lot of the tricks and tips were quickly forgotten about. Being thrown in at the deep end I had to sink or swim. Thankfully I managed to keep my head above water on this one.

I recommend setting yourself out a theoretical small project with a few motor starters and simple control. Then start programming. Look at youtube, read the manual or installed help files,look at the each control device and work out how to use it then decide if it will suit your application. This will take time and will not 'click' straight away. Once you've battled with it for a while it will become easier and you will find it is a good bit of software. I really like the name based tagging, UDT's and Add-on instructions (look them up). Makes for clearer, more straight forward programming and integrates well with FTV Studio.

Good luck