Controllogix DH+ and SLC 5/04 Typed read?

jasil

Brand new L72 processor. 1756 DHRIO card in local slot 15 we have DH+ running to a SLC 5/04 grabbing a few integer files.

Well since this new install it doesnt work :( get a constant faulted message on the card itself.

So, we deleted the msg and are starting over. The SLC node is 55.

What is the easiest way to get for 4 words Of data from that Slc.

If this was your rack card is in slot 15 and SLC is DH+ node 55 obviously clicking something wrong and we are only using channel A.

Thanks like usual super men!!

Hi

Have you checked the switches on the dh + card
Have you checked the baud rate,
Is your cable ok
Is there anything else on the same network?

Donnchadh

Help us help you.

So, you're getting a fault. It would be helpful for us to know what fault code you're getting. Also tell us how the MSG instruction was set up (what did you "fill in the blanks" for the Configuration & Communication tabs). Even super men don't get anywhere fast by taking wild guesses!

Also, please advise with the status (lights & message) on the 1756-DHRIO card. This may help figure out whether it's a hardware or software issue.

Last edited:
So, everything is talking, but it seems I'm still brain dead.

I want to look at 8 analog channels on the Slc N7:1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15

I did a test msg moved N7:1 and N7:3 and that worked perfect. Added a 3rd N7:5 and received a "illegal operation from local controller msg"

What is the easy way to monitor all of these N files? Without getting this fault?

If you have enough space available in your logix processor, why not have one read message that grabs all contiguous elements N7:1 - N7:15. It will cut down on DH+ traffic greatly, especially if you have other traffic on the network.

I would strongly suggest that you download the Logix5000 message programming manual from the A-B website and spend some time with it. Pay particular attention to number of unconnected buffers and communication time slice in your Logix processor.

If you have enough space available in your logix processor, why not have one read message that grabs all contiguous elements N7:1 - N7:15. It will cut down on DH+ traffic greatly, especially if you have other traffic on the network.

I would strongly suggest that you download the Logix5000 message programming manual from the A-B website and spend some time with it. Pay particular attention to number of unconnected buffers and communication time slice in your Logix processor.

I don't understand why I get a fault at 3 messages though? The manual says 16 mags and 32 mags. Seems like a better way for sure.

"illegal local operation" requested data connection too large.