TIA Portal Scaling analog input

MohammedKayed

Hi Guys, I just want to scale an analog input (current ) from 4-20mA to an Integer value (0-100) in the PLC (S7-1500) also (300) using tia Portal version 13.
Any image show the block will be enough

Welcome to the Forum! I don't have TIA portal on my PC anymore, but I recall using the NORM & SCALE blocks. It's a two step process as there wasn't a single instruction available to do the job.

I believe the TIA help file had a example of this, have you checked it? Otherwise, it would be worthwhile to search this site for keywords TIA & SCALE.

Welcome to the Forum! I don't have TIA portal on my PC anymore, but I recall using the NORM & SCALE blocks. It's a two step process as there wasn't a single instruction available to do the job.

I believe the TIA help file had a example of this, have you checked it? Otherwise, it would be worthwhile to search this site for keywords TIA & SCALE.

using plc 1500 I found these two blocks but on 300 i just only found scale

Your input will likely be 0..27648.

So divide by 276.48 to obtain 0..100%

Have always used the NORM_X and SCALE_X with 1200.

NORM_X is configured with the hi and low digital values (i.e. 27648, 0) if using 0 to 10V or 0 to 20mA, or (27648 and 5530) if using 4mA to 20mA. This will give you a value between 0 and 1.

The OUT of the NORM_X instruction is used as the VALUE input to the SCALE_X instruction. The Scale_X limits are then the engineering units (i.e. 0 and 10 bar, 0 and 100 cm), whatever the limits are of the measured variable.

I really don't get those new blocks. They do exactly the same as one divide block. Why add two blocks if you can do with DIV?

Just because they are easy, especially if using 4-20ma. Have used math based scaling too, they all work.

Tried to put a picture in and can't figure out how. (Figured it out)

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Tim,

You should change your input to 4..20 mA. Then you will get 0..27648.

Must be a matter of opinion, but I prefer to do one instruction without using a buffer.

Actually the SCALE that JRW proposed is what I been missing. The funny thing is, now that it is back, those two other ones are gone!