Setting up S7 CP 343 - 1 to transer to S5

russg

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a CP 343 - 1 and think I'm struggling at the set up of the CP 343-1 part. In FC40 and FC41 I'm trying to set the "logic module address of cp". I'm assuming this is 256 which is what I have on the cp's hardware config. If I've put 100 as the HEX value like in the pic.

Trouble is, when I download it, the CP starts flashing SF, BF, Stop and Run.

When I change the address to W#16#1000 the CP is ok, but the CPU stops and has a system fault.

Do I have the correct CP address. Or am I trying to send too much data? Or something else?

Many thanks

I've just managed to get it to stop faulting.

Turns out it was in the Send block. And I had the LEN set too high. 240 seems to be the maximum aloud for this CP.

I'm slightly confused as to way the send pinter above looks to be saying send 400 bytes on data, and the LEN seems to be saying how many bytes too. Can someone please clear this up for me?

Thanks

I'm also struggling to work out what the ID: = 1 is?
It says ID of connection. But which? Does that relate to anything in the S5 Com 143 card?

No, no!

The ID is the number of the connection that is showed in Netpro.

And there are the communication partners MAC or IP and the TSAP(s) defined, and that must match with the config in CP143.

Kalle

No, no!

The ID is the number of the connection that is showed in Netpro.

And there are the communication partners MAC or IP and the TSAP(s) defined, and that must match with the config in CP143.

Kalle

Excuse my ignorance, but what is Netpro? I haven't set anything up in the S7 on this side.

I have set the mac address of the CP 343 - 1 in the CP143 with COM 143, and it seems to be talk to each other, but I'm not getting data?

Last edited:
No.

Netpro is found in Step7 manager or HW manager. It is where you define the CPU (and CP343) connections to other partner units.

If you use TIA, I'll pass. It's probably totally different, and you can print this reply and burn it
icon12.gif

Kalle

Great thanks. Is this a normal part of S7 installation. I'm using the classic S7 simatic

Turns out it was in the Send block. And I had the LEN set too high. 240 seems to be the maximum aloud for this CP.

I'm slightly confused as to way the send pinter above looks to be saying send 400 bytes on data, and the LEN seems to be saying how many bytes too. Can someone please clear this up for me?

My guess is; the 400 is the total bytes you want to send and the 240 is the max to send in one go. so the FC first sends 240 and when done the remaining 160 bytes, then "done" bit goes high.

isn't there documentation about how to use them?

grts

No.

Netpro is found in Step7 manager or HW manager. It is where you define the CPU (and CP343) connections to other partner units.

If you use TIA, I'll pass. It's probably totally different, and you can print this reply and burn it
icon12.gif

Kalle

Is it possible for me to access this through Hardware Config on the S7 Simatic Manager?

Having some problems. I've set up everything i can see in Netpro and set up the local and remote TSAP and MAC addresses in the COM 143 software. I'm still not getting any data through and an error on the FC 50 and 60 blocks?

Only thing I'm unsure about is the remote ANR numbers in the COM 143 package. And the job numbers. It says in the above document to set Send to job 1 or 2 and make it Active, and Recieve to job 2 of 2 and also make it Active. I can not change these in the COM 143 software without strange things happening.. i.e it's filling in other fields with and changing some of the one's i've set.

Any ideas guys?