FT VIEW SE Experssion

bfranklin

I want to build an expression so that one specific P_Din Faceplate has all its functionality (like it would in maintenance or engineering mode when signed in with the correct credentials) when a certain valve is closed but the rest of the application is still restricted in operator mode. When the valve is open the P_Din Faceplate goes back into operator mode.

Is this doable?

Thanks!

Not exactly sure what your looking for but if you use visibility/expressions/security you can make things visible only to people who have a certain code. Then make the users you want to see these things have that code.

Edit- it sounds like your really looking to just use the visibility function to show things when a valve is closed. If that's the case, just use visibility based on the tag "valve closed"

sec.jpg

Last edited:
I am reading your request as having the operator appear to be logged in as a engineer only for that one faceplate when the valve is closed, is that a correct assumption.

if that is the case it would be quite difficult as the functionality is based on user code in the global object components that are common to almost all the faceplates. you would have to make copies of the global objects and modify them to work off the CurrentUserHasCode OR valve status and build a clone on the P_Din using the duplicated global objects.

I have done similar before and i try to put some note on the faceplate that it is not the standard P_Din or which ever faceplate I have modified.

edit: I am also assuming you are running plantPAX

Last edited: