panelview plus

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a panelview 2711p connected to a 1247 L532 through the RS 232 Serial port
what is needed to connect 2 panelviews to this port or is that possible
I originally got RN6 Modules in an attempt to add them to the RIO Network
running through the SN module but my AB rep only knows how to communicate with Ethernet. I figured the DF1 out and have one screen running & would like to add another.

The simplest thing to do would be to add one 1761-NET-AIC module and three cables.

(1) from the DH485 trunk connector (6-pin Phoenix Combicon style) to the SLC-5/03 Channel 1 DH485 network port. This is a 1761-CBL-AS03 or -AS09, or can be fabricated yourself.

(2) Straight-through serial cable from the 9-pin DSub connector on the 1761-NET-AIC to the 9-pin DSub connector on one of the PanelView terminals.

(3) Special cable from the 8-pin Mini-DIN8 on the 1761-NET-AIC to the 9-pin DSub connector on the other PanelView terminal. This can be a 1761-CBL-PM02 with a null-modem adapter, or a 2711-CBL-HM02 cable.

You'll set up each PanelView Plus with its Serial DH485 driver to communicate with the SLC-5/03, but use Ethernet or removable memory to do your downloads to the terminals.

Thank you, I have a 1761 NET AIC but could not find if it would work, I will get cables .
The panelviews are each about 60' from the Processor so I will probably need to fabricate the final ones. Thanks again

I found a 1761-CBL-AP00 Cable in my collection
In the 1761-um004_-en-p.pdf it looks like this will work for the 1761-CBL-PM02
Does that sound correct and I would still need the null modem adapter.
I am looking up the pinouts to make the 1761-AS03

The serial RS-232 cables are only good for about 50 feet maximum. It would be a shame to go through stumbles like these only to have unreliable comms.

You are on the right track with the 1761-UM004 booklet. With these devices and distances, two or three NET-AIC isolators might work better.