connection of step 7 OPC server

rikita

hi , I want to connect step 7 and labview software in order to control the temperature using the FB41 PID of the plc . the problem is when I try to tag the data block of the pid (real) to the opc server I get a bad connection I don't know how to solve the problem :confused::(54455487878445.JPG

Type of S7-PLC, S7 300/400 or S7-1200 / S7-1500?

Which communication channel are you using? TCP or MPI? When TCP, have you tried if you can ping the PLC?

Last edited:
I used step7 simatic manager 5.5 .s7 300, the communication is tcp_ip ethernet and the type of the cpu is CPU 314C-2 DP I'm using only simulation I don't have the plc

You mean you are using Plcsim?

Out of the box this doesn't work, means you can't connect over network to Plcsim.

But I've written a small program which works as glue-code to get this running. You can download it for free from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nettoplcsim/

It uses the network interface of the PC where Plcsim is running on.

If you are using the latest version of Step 7 (V5.5 with SP4 under 64 Bit Windows), it needs an special start sequence to get it running. When you have any problems with the program, ask.

actualy I'm logging to opc server using nettoplcsim I can do with bool input like i0.0 or outputs like q4.0 but the problem is when I use the address of data block like db1.dbd56 it will not work I want to send the Ti, Td and the gain from labview to step7.
the type of Ti ,Td and gain are real value how can solve the problem

Is the datablock available in the PLC?
You can always get access to inputs, outputs and marker memory. But datablocks muste been uploaded into the Plc before.

yes I did the configuration of data block by myself I want to write from labview to data block of the gain , Ti and Td instead of writting directly for the data block 454455445554.JPG

Do you get any errors in Labview, access errors or anything else?

Nettoplcsim has a elementary protocol monitor, where you can see which data areas are requested. You can start this with right-click on the connection in nettoplcsim.

Remind that Gain is in Real-Format (32 bit floating point), and TI and TD are in TIME format, which is a DINT (32 Bit signed integer).

I get bad connction in the NI opc so when I create shared variable in labview it will not make the connection.
can we avoid using the data block in real type input of FB41 ??

Looks like the address syntax is not correct, when you can get access to other variable areas.
I couldn't find any manual of the OPC server. Videos on youtube are always reading only inputs, outputs and marker area. I don't believe that the OPC server doesn't support datablock area.

If you've got any manuals, maybe you can post a screenshot of the relevant section where the address syntax is described.

If you can't get access to datablocks, you can write to MD100 from your OPC-Server and copy it in the S7 program to DB1.DBD56.

yes I will try to do it thank you so much for your help when I fixe the problem I'll post how I did :) thank you for your help