Factory Talk View Crashes when browsing tags

rocksalt

Not a good morning..

When I create a trend in panelview and try to browse tags factory talk view machine edition 7 crashes. I can browse tags on any buttons and it works fine. Only in the trend properties does it do this.

What can I do?

Edit:
I can browse properly when I uncheck "isolated graphing" on the 'Y-Axis' tab.
For now I will just make the page and then click it after. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Thanks for the followup edit.

The FactoryTalk tag browser is simultaneously the best and worst thing about FactoryTalk View.

I could write my page. However, I cannot select "isolated graphing" and view with the play button- CrAsH. I have not tried to check the box, generate the runtime and see if it works. I will when I get a chance.

Last edited:
And the tag browser still crashes in version 8.00.00. Both overpriced and unusable.

Or I could call Rockwell and pay them to tell me why their awful software doesn't work and get the "uninstall and reinstall" routine. Or I could stop using their products (now there's an idea).