Blinking Indicator Light

mtmckenney

I am new to PLC's and I am working with an Automation Direct DL06 Koyo.

I need to make a LED indicator light start blinking after a process is complete before moving forward in the program. I would like for the light to blink until a button is pressed confirming the operator knows the process is complete. I have tried using a FOR/NEXT loop but it seems to only allow the light to blink for a specific number of times.

I appreciate any/all help and responses.

Thanks in advance!

Have the process end signal seal in a signal to start blinking, have the signal from the ack. button interrupt the sealed in signal

Same way you use a momentary Start button to start a process

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. I am still learning PLC programming and I'm not sure how to create the blinking signal or the seal in.

You said you already have it blinking some?

For the seal

Process end signal...........................Signal from button..................Created seal bit
--| |-----------------------------------------------|/|------------------------------------Coil---
..........................|
Created seal bit.....|
--| |-----------------

Then use that created seal bit in the next rung

Created seal bit
--| |----------------blinking logic-----------------------LED

Sp4 1 sec off 1 sec on

Just so you know bit SP4 is a 1 sec blinker bit in DL 06

Then just use a latching circuit for the logic, remember this is PLC logic so don't think code, (look up - goto - jump ect.)

I am new to PLC's and I am working with an Automation Direct DL06 Koyo.

I need to make a LED indicator light start blinking after a process is complete before moving forward in the program. I would like for the light to blink until a button is pressed confirming the operator knows the process is complete. I have tried using a FOR/NEXT loop but it seems to only allow the light to blink for a specific number of times.

I appreciate any/all help and responses.

Thanks in advance!

I would also try to avoid using any for/next loops in ladder. It's fairly uncommon unless you need to do a loop operation very quickly.

--||------------------------------(SET)
end sig

--||------------------------------(out)
SP4****************************** light

--||------------------------------(RST)
Button