Micrologix 1400 IP Address

meggettc

Hey this is my first post on here.

Im using a micrologix 1400 for the first time, I'm just having one issue which is when I fully turn off the power to the micrologix 1400 it seems to reset itself a new address, if someone has any answers please let me know its a major pain.....🔨

Set the address you want via BOOTP. Then browse to that IP using a web browser. Disable DHCP there. The new IP should then be static, not dynamic.

If you can get online with the processor, either via a serial connection or using BOOTP to assign an ethernet IP address, you can change the settings in RSLogix500. It is all available in the Channel Configuration. Set your desired IP address and settings, and be sure BootP and DHCP boxes are unchecked.

Capture.PNG

Why would you do all of that junk when you can set the IP address on a 1400 right from the LCD display on the front of it...no PC or software required. All you need is a working index finger....

NOTE: I assume ALL ML1400 have the LCD. I've never used one that didn't, but I've been wrong before...

Actually, the thing I like best about the tool is the ability to determine the IP address of an already commissioned PLC. Invaluable for those midnight service calls!

Yeah, that feature has got my wallet looking at me nervously. I mean you can usually get it with wireshark, but to be able to just whip that device out and find it in 5 seconds is really tempting...