PID Instruction 500

just GUESSING - but based on what you've posted ...

most older SLC/MicroLogix systems used an Integer (N-type) file to store their "control block" data ... usually this was 23 words long ...

many newer MicroLogix systems use a special PD-type file (specially designed for PID instructions) to hold their "control block" data ... the addressing will be "different" - but most folks think that it's an improvement over the old way ...

TIP: if you try to plug in the wrong type, the RSLogix500 software will tell you that it won't work ... then try the other ...

is that close to what you're asking for?

more detail in your questions will help us put more detail into our answers ...

Last edited:
just GUESSING - but based on what you've posted ...

most older SLC/MicroLogix systems used an Integer (N-type) file to store their "control block" data ... usually this was 23 words long ...

many newer MicroLogix systems use a special PD-type file (specially designed for PID instructions) to hold their "control block" data ... the addressing will be "different" - but most folks think that it's an improvement over the old way ...

TIP: if you try to plug in the wrong type, the RSLogix500 software will tell you that it won't work ... then try the other ...

is that close to what you're asking for?

more detail in your questions will help us put more detail into our answers ...
Yeah that clears it up for if its no longer an interger (N) then what is it?

If you are using an SLC500 platform and you need to use an integer block, the integer block words will not be labeled in Logix500. Nearly 10 years ago (how time flies) I uploaded an excel spreadsheet to the forum that can be used to create a CSV import file so that identifying comments for each word in the N file can be imported into Logix500. You can find that spreadsheet in this post http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=113201&postcount=11

And don't forget that the SLC500 PID does NOT need to be clocked like a PLC5 or Logix 5000. If you do clock it, it will turn into a nice random number generator..Jack.