Positive and Negative edge detection

Code:
A   Start_Pump_Req
FP  Start_Pump_Mem
=   Start_Pump_Edge

The Start_Pump_Mem bit needs to be a persistant memory (Marker or Data Block bit) type rather than a "temp" and then Start_Pump_Edge will be true on the rising edge of Start_Pump_Req for one processor scan only.

Substitute FN for a falling edge.

Nick

Last edited:
Code:
A   Start_Pump_Req
FP  Start_Pump_Mem
=   Start_Pump_Edge
The Start_Pump_Mem bit needs to be a persistant memory (Marker or Data Block bit) type rather than a "temp" and then Start_Pump_Edge will be true on the rising edge of Start_Pump_Req for one processor scan only.

Substitute FN for a falling edge.

Nick

Ty

Interestingly, you can achieve the same functionality without the FP instruction as follows:
Code:
A   Start_Pump_Req
AN Start_Pump_Mem
=   Start_Pump_Edge

A   Start_Pump_Req
=  Start_Pump_Mem

This works because the the program is executed sequentially and demonstrates why the memory bit must retain its condition from one one scan to the next. This can be done in ladder too but requires 2 networks. There are ladder equivalents of FP and FN available too.

Nick

Interestingly, you can achieve the same functionality without the FP instruction as follows:
Code:
A   Start_Pump_Req
AN Start_Pump_Mem
=   Start_Pump_Edge

A   Start_Pump_Req
=  Start_Pump_Mem
This works because the the program is executed sequentially and demonstrates why the memory bit must retain its condition from one one scan to the next. This can be done in ladder too but requires 2 networks. There are ladder equivalents of FP and FN available too.

Nick

one network solution:

req mem edge
-| |---------------|/|--------( )
|
| mem
---------------( )

For falling edge negate reg