Integrating floppy with machine options

wnkook

Hello,

I have an application and I am wondering if it is possiable to integrate a floppy disk to a compactlogix PLC to load process files into the machine.

I was thinking it would be possiable to use the structured text to handle the interface.

Or do I just go with an industrial computer with a front-end. And if so what would my options be.

Currently I'm looking at the versaview with an hmi package.

Thanks

Jason

I wouldn't waste too much time trying to make a floppy drive "interface". The new Compactlogix processors come with a built-in CompactFlash card slot.
Depending on what you mean by process files, it would probably be best to use an HMI front end of some sort.

More info

Hello again,

The application is a cut saw. I can feed data strings into my recipe's but they want the option to add and retrieve files by floppy...

Now I'm curious if I could use the flash card for this...

Thanks,

jason