SLC 5/04 to PVP700

Oceansoul

Hi. I am trying to set up a new HMI to an existing SLC 5/04 using DF-1 comms. The HMI i have is a PVP700 2711P-B7C4D1.

I have added the path to the SLC into the RSLinx Enterprise tree and matched the comm port settings of the SLC but i am still having no success. Attached are the RSLogix 500 and FTVStudio config screens. I am using a 1747-CP3 cable.

EDIT: I cant get onto the major image hosting sites at work, so the images are located here, which i cant seem to embeed.

http://q75i.imgup.net/PVP700Conf7a69.png
http://d60i.imgup.net/SLCConfig41dd.png

Last edited:
Add a null-modem adapter to your 1747-CP3, or use a straight-through serial cable.

The PanelView Plus serial port is a "DCE" type, which has the Tx and Rx pins opposite the "DTE" types on your PC and on A-B controllers.

Cheers guys. I have it working now. I happened to have a m-f mini null modem adaptor laying around I can use for now. Going to have to make up a cable at some point for the install though. Is it just the tx and RX pins that need connecting or all 9?

SLC-5/04 to PanelView Plus DF1 Full Duplex protocol over RS-232 needs just Tx, Rx, and Ground, so it's Pin 2 to Pin 2, Pin 3 to Pin 3, and Pin 5 to Pin 5.