Data log

davidvu

Is there a way to data log more than 1,000,000 points? I'm using ftv 8 with pv+ 1500. Also, If data log trigger is set to periodic at 1 second, then i would have 2 points every second if I'm logging two registers?

No, you cannot log more points. You can create as many data log models as you want, but only 1 can run in a project.
Yes, that is the max points for the total of all your registers/tags.
You can look at the data log as a historical trend. It's the only way to see the data on the PV+.

If you want to log data to a text file (CSV) then use the Datastore ActiveX control. That only has a limit on the storage space, but will NOT work with the trend display.

I wish they would just add all the features of the Datastore ActiveX into the Data Log models.

Thanks for the info. Datalog plus is a great solution. Is there a way to programmatically confirm/indicate that the datalog plus active x is active logging data?