1756-ENBT and Power Over Ethernet Switch

scantime

Has anyone had any experience using a 1756-ENBT card connected to a POE switch? All I have available to switch my Ethernet/IP connection from the 1756-ENBT card to other devices is a POE switch. I'm not sure if this will damage any AB devices, but I am wary of using it this way.

Contact Rockwell and ask them to be on the safe side. I have never used POE on control applications

Thanks..I chatted with Rockwell, they stated that there was an issue long ago but there wasn't a document saying that it wouldn't work. So while 2 negatives don't always make a positive, I went for it, and it's working fine. I Have a PV+1250 & 1756-ENBT on the POE switch.

Why not simply put power injectors in - not connecting the injected power part, and reverse them, between the PLC and the switch?