FactoryTalk View SE 5.10

ScottAgropur

Ok weird problem going on. I create an archive using application manager on the HMI computer.

I then bring archive back to my laptop to make modifications at my desk.

Both are running full Studio, same versions (5.10.00.09)(CPR9 SR 2).

However when I try and restore onto my laptop it states can not restore because it is not a valid archive.

My final goal is to update to 8.0 so for the heck of it I tried restoring the archive into 8.0 and it went. However I could not open it because I did not perform the legacy tag conversion. Which I can't do because i can not restore it into 5.10.

As a side note i did try and retore it into 6.1 also with same error of not a valid archive file.

Any clues on what my problem may be?

Last edited:
I've never had any reliable success with SE and backup/restore.
The only thing that works is to create a new application on the target machine, and manually import everything.

FTView is just garbage.

I have this issue when the project is created with a different patch version than the software I am trying to restore with. Go to the Rockwell site and get the latest patch rollup for FTView and patch your version 5.10 This should allow you to restore the project with 5.10 to do the tag conversion. You will also have to patch any version of FTView that you want to use going foward.

I have this issue when the project is created with a different patch version than the software I am trying to restore with. Go to the Rockwell site and get the latest patch rollup for FTView and patch your version 5.10 This should allow you to restore the project with 5.10 to do the tag conversion. You will also have to patch any version of FTView that you want to use going foward.

That was the problem Robobob. After I installed the latest patches all worked fine.

Thanks for the info/help!!