Text display for S7 300

pareto

Hey,
I need to display ~30 alarm messages. Is there any siemens text display for s7-300? There is TD200 for s7-200, but I can't find anything for s7-300. Am I forced to use LEDs to display alarms? ;)

Check out the KP300, which is a simple text display that has a multicolor backlight. It says that it works with the S7-1200 on the web page, but it should work with any current Siemens PLC with Ethernet.
http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/human-ma...ation/Pages/Default.aspx#KP300_20Basic_20mono

The big question is: How do you intend to connect the display to the S7300? Ethernet is the most common method, now, but Profibus is sometimes used instead. If you have an older model, or a small one, then it may not have communication options built in.

Oops, For got to mention I have s7 312 cpu - 6ES7312-1AE14-0AB0. I thought I could connect display through mpi port, same as in td200. I thought about using s7-1200 for this project, but we've got few s7 300 in our factory, so I'd like to stick with it (got already i/o modules for replacements etc.)

Oh, that's a shame. I think panel is too much if I only want to display few alarms ;) it's supposed to be inside enclosure, only for maintenance people. I will stick with LEDs I guess.
Thanks for reply!

KTP400 Comfort, It's not too expensive (600€), but they may be to expensive for your application.

Some years ago we used to have OP73 for this applications. It's now declared a mature product, but if you contact Siemens they would sell it. You will need WinCC Flexible to program it.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

After a deep research, I can see there's no "cheap" option for s7 300. I think I gotta convince my boss that we should invest in s7 1200. Components are much cheaper, and I could easily rewrite programs.
Thanks again!