PLC Screen control FTV ME

dlweber

Lifetime Supporting Member
This should be simple but FTV and I don't seem to play well together...

PV400+
Micrologix 1100

I want to have the PLC goto a specific page whenever the Fault bit becomes active

I just can't quite figure it out

Any help would be appreciated

I did see that and assumed that is where to do it.

I further assuming it is the "Replace Display Number" option, however, the screens are not numbered as I am used to seeing. They are listed alphabetically and I cannot find a unique number associated with any of the displays.

It may be a quick simple process but I am missing it from 5 feet away with a shotgun....

Hi

Right click on the screen and open screen properties.
You will see screen number and you assign the number you want.
Do not use zero as you will need to move zero into your tag in the plc to hand control back to the hmi

Donnchadh

PULL!.....DEAD BIRD

Sorry more shotgun talk...

Thanks that sounds exactly what I am looking for

Hi

Great just remember to place zero back into the plc tag or you will not be able to change screen from the hmi.
I read the screen number from a the hmi and when the correct number is sent back to the plc I move a zero in then

Donnchadh

I am going to bring up the fault display whenever a fault occurs. I am planning on setting page number for the fault, wait 2 seconds, then set back to 0.

Why don't you wait until the remote display number equals the replace display number to set the replace display number back to 0. This will leave the replace display number active until the display actuality changes and no longer.

That would probably be cleaner and better way of doing it, however, I don't know where the current page number is stored in the HMI and I've never tried to have the PLC read a internal variable in the HMI. (I am fairly new to PLCs only a few months, I have programming experience still trying to figure out all the little things on the PLC/HMI side)

Use the remote display number global tag in the HMI to read the current screen. Then compare the remote display number to the Replace Display Number to reset the remote display number to 0