SCP and BTR Instruction

chintankAne

I am using Rslogix 500 for programing my PLC.

I have analog input module. And i am using SCP instruction for scale my analog input. But in AB Analog input Module They suggest to use BTR instruction for program Analog Input module.

Then what is difference between SCP and BTR?

I can done my task using SCP perfectly then why should i have to use BTR?

A "SCP" instruction is used to scale an analog value.

A "BTR" ( Block Transfer Read ) is used to recieve data from a remote device, usually from a remote I/O network. See pdf

So for my analog sensor is in my devicenet or ethernet network then i have to use BTR instruction i can not use SCP for that?? I just want to turnoff device when my analog input value is equal to set value.

Hi
If you post the card number you are using and let us know if it's device net or Ethernet then you will be a better answer.
I not sure how you could be doing it over Ethernet on slc but it's always good to learn something new

Donnchadh

1746 UM005B is the manual number. which of the following are you using ??

1746-NI4,
1746-NIO4I,
1746-NIO4V,
1746-NO4I,
1746-NO4V

I am usinng 1746 UM005B 4chanel analog input card. And my processor is SLC 500

Where is your SLC 500 processor physically located with respect to the analog card?

In addition to the question already asked, which CPU are you using (5/03, 5/04, 5/05)?

Please be as specific as possible.