Installation of Wonderware 2014 R2 fails splash screen only

abishur

I'm trying to install Wonderware 2014 R2 on a client's virtual server. It's Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit. I don't have a CD to install from, just a combined installation folder (it's about 4 GB). I can copy the folder to my Windows 7 VM and it installs with no problem, but when I try to install it on any of the 4 2012 R2 Servers it shows the splash screen for about a minute, then the splash screen goes away and the setup never continues.

When I restart the computer it will again try to run the install, but never progress beyond the splash screen.

I can additionally install Wonderware 2014 on all 4 servers with out any problems.

Steps I've taken thus far:
1) Disabled UAC
2) Disabled DEP
3) Uninstalled Wonderare 2014 from the machines
4) Re-copied installation media (lots of times)
5) Completely re-installed OS and started with a clean system.

No matter what I do it only shows the splash screen and then nothing. No error messages, no logs in Windows Event viewer. Any ideas?

I have had to right click on some installation software and tell it to run as administrator to get it to install properly. Maybe that could help?

I knew there was something I was forgetting to mention! And

6) I have tried right clicking and telling it to run as administrator. :)

I opened the system management console on one of the servers I had installed 2014 on and it shows no activity what so ever while I'm trying to run the installer.

I'm currently attempting to download the installation ISO off the wonderware product hub, maybe it will like that more.

I would say if your in the product hub of WW then you have a support #.

I would call your local WW tech support - they usually pretty fast and will be able to help out.

I have not attempted 2014 R2 yet myself. Hopefully soon

I've been talking to them for a couple of days, but was hoping someone else had experienced this who could help me out.

Regardless, a solution was made! For whatever reason Windows 7 can work off the folder I copied from my workplace, but windows 2012 R2 could not. When I downloaded the ISO from the product hub it all worked like a champ!