Plc wiring diagrams

Newbeg

I have a question about plc wiring diagrams?

I am looking at a card layout with DI , AI , DO, and AO. My question is how would you know which input card is related to what output card?
Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. What brand of PLC are you talking about? If allen bradley in studio 5000 than it is designated by (local 1 I data 0) for a output it is (Local 2 O data o) and so on depending on how many modules you have.

From your examples Digital Input, Analog input, Digital output, Analog output modules

Last edited:
If your saying what i think you are saying it's the wrong way to look at a plc system at least imho, as inputs might not necessarily correspond to outputs and vise versa, you need to think of how the inputs/outputs relate to the process as that is kind of the purpose of the plc.

but the only 3 ways I can think of are:
-read the program
-understand the process
-have an io print and control narrative

Interesting, the way I am looking at it , is I have 4 inputs card and 5 output cards and I am trying to make them match.

Interesting, the way I am looking at it , is I have 4 inputs card and 5 output cards and I am trying to make them match.

Hardware wise there is no connection whatsoever. That is done with programming, if you (the programmer) want.

A better set of questions:
Which sensors on the machine are related to which points on the input modules?
Which sensors on the machine are related to which points on the analog input modules?
Which devices on the machine turn on or off, start or stop in relation to which points on the output modules?
Which devices on the machine need more than simple on/off control and get those control signals from which points on the analog output modules?