1762 if2of2 module question

jugenzhu1963

Hi All,

I have a question about the 1762 if2of2 analog module.When i connect both inputs with voltage option (dip switch on voltage position) i found the number of one channel jumps up and down like craze (hunderd or more ). the actual input voltage on both channel are stable. When i remove one channel the other channel become stable. I check the manual and found that the channels are not isloated from each other. Also when i connect only one channel and provide 5vdc i can get 1.7vdc on another channel when the channel keep floting. The wiring is as per manual instruction. Is this something wrong with this knid of module or there is special wiring for the module.

Do your analog input signal cables have shield/drain wires?

If so, are they grounded (chassis ground/panel earth)?

The 1762-IF2OF2 does not provide loop power for the analog inputs, so you must have an external power supply in use.

Have you tied your signal commons (-) to the common (-) on the power supply?

These are basic grounding and noise supression measures that you should have in place.

Regards,
George