inhibit L32E I/O fault

dobidust

Hi All

I am trying to perform bench tests on a 1769 L32E controller to confirm that the communications work with my HMI. The problem is that I do not have the I/O cards and I keep getting a fault on the controller because of this. Is there a way to inhabit these faults to allow testing ?

I have attempted to use emulator but when I change the controller to emulator it changes the rack to 1756 rack which throws out many errors due to my tags now being incorrect. I am also unsure if we have the correct emulator package so the controller with out I/O is my best option at this point.

On a physical chassis of hardware, you can un-select the "Fault the Processor when the module faults" option, but you have to do it for each module.

You can also inhibit the module itself.

I've not used the emulator on 5000 yet, but I can't imagine it would be any different.

Hello,

You can right click on CompactBus Local (I/O configuration tree)and in "Connection" You can check Inhibit for all I/O's. Also You can use SSV function in "Power-Up Handler" and clear faults on start-up.

Best regards