RS5000 MINC Function

All,

I am trying to get the minimum value of a temperature signal supplied to RS5000. The MINC function will only show the assigned 'RESET' value, regardless of the status of the 'EnableIn' or 'Reset' bits. I have tried leaving the 'EnableIn' bit on constantly and toggling the 'Reset' bit, but no change.

I am running RS5000 V17.01.00 on a 1756-L63 controller.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Code:
BST LES temp_in min_temp   MOV temp_in min_temp nxb
XIC min_temp_reset_pb      MOV temp_in min_temp BND
Thank you for the reply rdrast,

I am doing this in an FBD since the MINC function isn't available in ladder. The analog input from the sensor is constantly changing when it is reading hot pipe. I want the MINC to run its algorithm and analyze that data, when I trigger the functions 'EnableIn' bit, giving me a minimum value from the analog readings.

Any suggestions?

I'm saying, you don't need the MINC instruction at all. It does exactly what the code I posted does, except that on reset, I move the current value to the minimum value.

If it is ONLY showing the reset value, I'd bet that you have the reset defaulted to zero, and your temperature input never goes below zero, so that on reset the output is zeroed and never changes.