PDA

View Full Version : Ab pf525

cjd1965
April 14th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Hi
I have 2 PF525 in my office to add to my test rig and setup

I dont have 400V 3 phase... can i power these via 24V DC to just get the controls and Ethernet IP powered? I looked on the cut sheet supplied and didnt seemthat i could

cheers

JaxGTO
April 14th, 2015, 08:20 PM
No. I tried the same thing. Called AB and said the only thing you can do is use USB to flash and configure it. You can buy an inverter that will convert 120vac to 480 3 phase.

jraef
April 14th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Be aware that the USB interface will not allow you to PROGRAM the drive, you WRITE the program off-line, then the USB port allows you to LOAD that program into the drive.

If you want to program it on-the-fly but without running it, you can also just get a basic control power transformer and feed it backward from your 230V single phase supply to give you a 400V single phase source and connect that 400V into 2 of the the drive terminals. It won't care if the input is single phase when there is no load on it. The usual precautions apply, i.e. don't forget that you now have 400V live terminals!

You can feed an exterior 24VDC supply into a PF750 drive (with an accessory card), but you give up that capability when you go with a Compnent Class drive like the 525.

cjd1965
April 15th, 2015, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the answers

nehpets
April 15th, 2015, 02:55 AM
I was under the impession that you could remove the front control unit from the power base and plug in a std usb cable to your laptop and program it, with the control unit getting it's supply from the usb port.
there is a sales video on youtube somewhere but I can't remember the link.

Steve

here we go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVgW5fEb4s