Where does Kinetix info reside?

realolman

Yesterday I had to power down a machine to work on a mechanical problem.

When I was done and powered back up I got an E05 on one of the Kinetix axes. ... completely unrelated to the original problem

I forget all the specifics, but the error talked about overcurrent, short circuits, and overheating It was turned off for about an hour and only ran a second at a time between errors.

Eventually, I wondered how the kinetix even knew what the current was supposed to be. In the end, I uploaded the program out of an identical machine and downloaded it to this one, which cured the problem. ( I hope )

I looked at the Kinetix properties on the project organizer (control Logix 5000), but there didn't seem to be any relevant info. ...apparently it was somewhere within the transferred program. and the non volatile memory is supposed to load when the program is "corrupt" which apparently it was... but it didn't happen. Everything else seemed OK except the 05 error on one of the axes.

Soon as I transferred the program it took off and ran. Seems to me on one other occasion I looked at specific configurations for axes, but I couldn't seem to find them yesterday... I was online, where is this stuff?

thank you

Last edited:
Is this drive on Ethernet? You may be able to find the information you are looking for by typing the drive's IP address into a web browser on a PC connected to the local network.

you didn't say which kinetix, but typically, the drive is entered in the IO tree but then configured in the axis (in the Motion Group). The motor is specified within the Axis properties. Once the motor catalog number is specified, the overcurrent and other motor properties are known (motor catalog number and properties are in some database)