Shallow DIN mount network switch

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to find a shallow (<85mm depth) network switch. Trying to keep width under 70mm. Height is flexible.

Unmanaged or managed is okay for this application.

Anyone have any thoughts? I looked at my usual NTRON/Red Lion/Moxa/Phoenix Contact solutions. Had limited success.

Thanks,

E

You can also look at B&B Electronics. The ESW105 is 75MM deep. I have used them in the past and had very good luck with them.

One important thing you didn't mention is how many ports you need.

You might want to check out the Scalance XF-200 line from Siemens. They have basic management capabilities, and, more importantly for you, do it in a very flat form factor. The ethernet cables all point down, instead of out, which saves space.

https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/en/en/Catalog/Products/10045064?tree=CatalogTree

For whatever reason, the Siemens page defaults to the order number page, I can't find a link directly to the product info tab. It has a lot more information, and some tech specs.

I only require 3 ports. One to connect to the existing copper and 2 for use. It is a retrofit for a second (redundant) encoder.

+1 on the Harting eCon 2000 range.

We buy them from Radionics. They are unmanaged, but ideal for tight spaces or for not taking up much space. 24Vdc supply and a ground terminal. 10/100MB. We buy the 5 port as standard in the same form factor as you linked. I have one on my test rig here in the office and several in use on the plant floor. They are also EtherNet/IP compatible.

http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/industrial-hubs-switches/8128812/

If you look at the bottom pdf on the right on that website you can see their dimensions.

Very happy with them.

Regards,
George