FTV SE alarm acknowledge to PLC

dginbuffalo

Hello all. I am still finding a few gremlins in my RSView32 to FTV SE upgrade. I just found that i need to send a signal back to the PLC to unlatch alarms when the acknowledge button (checkmark)is hit on the HMI alarm banner. I can't find a system acknowledge tag that i could use to trigger a macro to write to a PLC tag. Anyone know the easiest way? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I didn't realize you could use the Invoke command in FTV?
I was talking about in your project tree, down towards the bottom "Alarm Setup".
Where you set your triggers.

I didn't realize you could use the Invoke command in FTV?
I was talking about in your project tree, down towards the bottom "Alarm Setup".
Where you set your triggers.

the only "alarm setup" i see is for HMI tag alarms. I am using the alarm server which has alarm and event setup. I can't see anything in that setup that points at a command to run when the ack or ack all buttons are pressed.

I may just end up copying the external buttons and adding them to the screen near the banner.

The FTAE Alarms should automatically send back the Acknowledge or the Reset commands if they are programmed into the actual ALMD/ALMA instructions. Even so though, I usually just put some logic around each ALMD/ALMA instruction so that if the alarm was Acked, it sets the OperReset, and I set the alarms to require acknowledgement on the banner.

The FTAE Alarms should automatically send back the Acknowledge or the Reset commands if they are programmed into the actual ALMD/ALMA instructions. Even so though, I usually just put some logic around each ALMD/ALMA instruction so that if the alarm was Acked, it sets the OperReset, and I set the alarms to require acknowledgement on the banner.

Thanks-unfortunately, this program didn't use ALMD/ALMA instructions. It was an old RSView 32 convert that was using HMI alarm tags and alarm timers that latched in and were reset by a PV pushbutton.