ControlNet and FlexLogix

rlong69

I have always been able to schedule control net through an ENBT card accross the backplane to a CNB on 1756 CLX. I know they do not recomend this method, but I have had success.

Is it possible to schedule the network from an ethernet daughter card to a control net daughter card on Flex Logix?

Richard Long

Technically you can bridge ENET to CNET in FlexLogix to schedule CNET network. It uses the same mechanism and ControlLogix.
Practically it may work first time, but will fail later when you are trying to re-schedule network.

I was told that computer must be on the controlnet network to sucsessfully schedule it.
See KB document: G20519 - Configuring Controlnet Networks Remotely

Also if you access control network via network access port on CNB it may fail also because you are still bridging connections.
See P47645368 - ControlNet: Scheduling a network using 1784-PCC

Last edited: