MicroLogix to CompactLogix communication problem

suvro2012

Hi,
I am trying to communicate with a micrologix 1100 to a compactlogix L43 using enbt over ethernet. but my problem is the micrologix ip is 192.168.0.1 and Compactlogix ip is 192.168.1.1, my question is is it possible to read integer data from the micrologix to a compactlogix with this ip address. or i have to change the ip? my pc ip is 192.168.1.100 and i can not find the micrologix plc in the rslinks. is there any way to get this done?

Forgot to mention: the subnet pattern determines which bits could and shouldn't be variable in the IP address. Where there's a 1 in the subnet mask all bits in the IP addresses for the net should be the same. Where there's a 0 in the subnet mask that's where the variable bits are in the IP addresses.

I have recently had to unfortunately work with the micrologix 1100. I quickly found out that I could not change the IP address manually from the display. Not sure if you have tried yet, but I had to use a crossover cable and change my laptop subnet to communicate with the 1100. I was then able to change it to match my network that my compactlogix was on. After that it popped up in linx.

i have changed the subnet musk of the ENBT module and i find the both the plc in the rslinks. but when i am trying to add micrologix controller in the rslogix 5000 I/O tree using module discovery while online. then i found A Profile must be installed before this device can be created . where i found the profile ? can any one help me.

Do not put the MicroLogix into the RSLogix 5000 I/O tree.

It is not necessary to do so in order to write a MSG instruction in the RSLogix 5000 software; you just put the elements of the MSG Path into the Path field manually.

The Path field is explained very well in the RSLogix 5000 Help file and in the RSLogix 5000 Instruction Set Reference and in multiple Knowledgebase documents and in dozens of threads on this Forum.