RSVIEW training

Rolly

R
Dear all,
I learnt PLC5, SLC500 and Micrologix by studying AB usermanuals.
I first started learning PLC using AB Micrologix 1000 and HHP and then went on to learn SLC and PLC5. I read almost all possible AB user manual available on net. That gave me a confidence that i could program any process if i sit and concentrate.

But then one fine day came and began to learn RSView32. I will tell u that i still find difficult to implement an RSView32 project compared to PLC Ladder.

why is it that way.

Always finding difficult to do things in RSView32. I can do with it but always my inner mind feels that i could have done it better.

Always my screen looks uglier.

Always my screen looks very basic no feature that my customer asks.

for example even i find it difficult to implement Receipe in RSview.

where as i write a lengthly program in PLC to do the same Reciepe with Panelview and PLC.

Is that because of my brain. Am i unable to think

I feel that i donot have that thinking capability when it comes to RSview32.

How can i correct myself.

Why do i find programming PLC more easier then Programming RSview32.

I even took an RSview32 5 day training course in Rockwell software training center.

When i get an RSView32 project i find myself the happiest. i tell to myself that this project i should learn more and do whatever customer wants. but when real project starts i get real sick in implementing what actually customer said.

why is that way.

I just wanted to know whether u all feel the same problem or is it only me.

Thanks all

I feel your pain ...

greetings, Rolly,

let’s take this one step at a time ...

you said:
Always my screen looks uglier. Always my screen looks very basic no feature that my customer asks.

why don’t you post a snapshot of one of your “problem” screens and let us take a look at it? ... also post an example of a specific feature that a customer has asked for - but that you’ve been unable to provide ... tell us what steps you’ve already tried to provide the feature ... and tell us why you’re dissatisfied with the results ...

I’ll bet that your biggest problem is going to fall into one of the two following categories:

(1) problems with the “artistic” appearance with the graphics ... or
(2) problems “animating” the graphics to show different states, etc. ...

here are some questions for you ... please answer each one ...

(1) have you already installed and tried out the RSView samples? ...

(2) is the “artistic” level of the sample graphics “good enough” for you? ...

(3) is the “animation” level of the sample graphics “good enough” for you? ...

once you’ve answered those questions, then we might be able to offer some specific suggestions on how to proceed ...

and to answer your question:
I just wanted to know whether u all feel the same problem or is it only me.

I can tell you that you are certainly NOT the only one who has been frustrated while working in this area ...

finally, if you need help with posting a screen shot, look here:

link on “how to post graphics”

here’s a quick demonstration taken from the RSView sample application ...

[attachment]

cut.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone help me please.I have done a lot on PLCs and i feel confident but i have always struggled with SCADA. Where do i start so that at the end of the day i will be able to program SCADA projects.i found this "The ViewTrainer Tutorial Software CBT""FROM THE INTERNET. Has anyone used this before and how can i get it. What is really needed for the sucessfull training of this course. Please do not refer me to Rockwell because they do not care or respond to anyone' requests. please help me