AB slick 504 - Water feature

syd9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I'm working on a personal program for my kids. I bought 8 water valves that I would like to operate in some kind of sequence. I’m uncertain if will place them in a row or box pattern. I read about using a word e.g. 010101 to activate the outputs, However changing the bits in some kind of pattern like the Las Vegas Bellagio has me a little overwhelmed.
This would be simulator to a light board where I would just turn the lights off and on in patterns for a duration of time. Does anyone have ideas on how to easy change the bits on a 1 sec time interval.
Syd

Indirect addressing can also be used. See appendix E in the link provided by sthompson.

Translate the “1’s and 0’s” (binary) into integers (words) and move the integer to the outputs. For example lets say you want the first three outputs “on” the rest “off” in an 8 output setup (remember that in PLC’s 8 outputs will start with output “0” and end with output “7”). In binary that would be “00000111” or “7”. To get the outputs to mimic that you would, upon the desired moment (time sequence, based off of input, etc…) move “7” to the outputs. If in the next sequence you want inputs 3, 4, and 5 to come on and the first three (0, 1 and 2) to go off. In binary that would be “00111000” or “56”. Upon the desired moment move “56” to the outputs. In doing this you can create any combination of valves on and off you want and have them change on whatever event you want.