RSLogix 5000: Tracking equipment use

CAAJ

Hello All,

I have been assigned a new task within my facility were the goal is to record the running time of equipment which is connected to our PLC. We would like to have it set so that we can view how long the equipment has been on and after a certain amount of time, an internal alarm would activate. I am a beginner, and the only way I could think of doing this is by setting an internal timer to power on every time the equipment is activated; when that timer is done, activate an alarm which notifies the technician its time for servicing . Is there perhaps a better way of doing this?

Any feedback would be useful! :)

Last edited:
normally with alarm appear the production will say please pending next week and when time come no man power to do the job pending next week