Factory Talk SE Numeric Input

yankeefan70

Trying to figure out how to write to a holding register by inputting °F but sending the data as °C to the holding register. Holding register is looking for 0.01 °C (100 = 1°C) I want the user to input °F into the numeric input but send the data to the device in °C (i.e user enter 42°F data sent to holding register 555) The tag is there currently having it entered in degrees C (i.e 5.5 entered data sent to holding register 555) Tag is configured with the .01 scaling. Not sure if there is a way? Maybe with a derived tag?

Any help would be appreciated.

Assuming you want to display it in °F as well.

Subtract 32 from the Input, and multiply by 5/9 (0.55555) and put the result in the location you want to use for your device.

Stu....

Similar Topics

I've been hoping to stumble across the answer to the green highlight box around the numeric entry button in FTV ME. Can someone answer this? (See Pic)
Replies
Views
Hi, Does anybody know of a way to change the location on the screen of the Numeric input popup in Factory talk studio? One of my panel views...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have developed an application in FTView V8.0 that talks to a third party OPC server called INAT. I want the end user to have the...
Replies
Views
I am using FT Numeric Display.What I want to do is,I made one Memory Tag Test1 and I want to store result in this memory Tag and the value of that...
Replies
Views
I have a generic faceplate for motor control, auto man start stop eunning stopped indication. I am trying to add a numeric display for variable...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom