Modbus, Ethernet ???

Smart

Hi!
I would like to know what RS 232 mean and also what is the difference between modbus and ethernet.

Hello Smart;
The following link will take you to a presentation page on different serial comms standards, amongst others RS-232:
http://www.epanorama.net/links/tele_interface.html

You cannot compare Modbus (a communication protocol that can use many different physical layers, including RS-232 and ethernet)and Ethernet (a physical layer standard, often overlayed with transmission protocols like TCP/IP and UDP, used by many different communiction protocols). Look them both up on Google, you should be able to see the differences.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Similar Topics

Does anyone have any recommendations for Electronic Circuit Breakers with 0V Terminals built-in and Fieldbus (IO-LINK, MODBUS TCP, EtherNet/IP?)...
Replies
Views
What's the cheapest way to go from modbus rtu rs485 to Ethernet IP or TCP. I've got some power transducers I'd like to read some modbus addresses...
Replies
Views
Hello, Sorry, my knowledge of communication protocol is limited, so thank you in advance for your answer. My question; I want to get 5 values...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Trying to help a client who has a project that was started with Schneider STB remote I/O, but they are still waiting on the STBNIP2212...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I was wondering if you clever people could help me, please. In the past I have used a standalone L33ER CompactLogix PLC with the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom