PIC Device Driver Error

ProJewks

I've been searching and have tried everything. I can currently connect to a SLC 5/03 using RS-232; however, I want to test the RS-485 connection to see if it still functions so we can connect and HMI to the SLC 503.

I am running Windows XP SP2 and whenever I try to use 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver on RSLinx Classic, I get the error: Fatal Error Initializing PIC device driver!

I'm selecting COM2 as my port since COM1 is being used with AB_DF1-1, DH-485. As stated in previous issues, its status is "stopped" and the Start button is greyed out.

I anymore information is needed, please let me know.

Thank you.

Are you sure it's service pack 2? The PIC driver doesn't run with service pack 3. I think there is a patch for it but I've not tried it is out there

Are you using a serial port built into the motherboard ?

The 1747-PIC driver does not work with any USB/Serial converters under any operating system or Service Pack.

I'm using a male 25-pin to RS-232 converter from the 1747-PIC. Could that be the reason the computer doesn't even recognize it? Shouldn't RSLinx attempt to install the driver?

I'm using a male 25-pin to RS-232 converter from the 1747-PIC. Could that be the reason the computer doesn't even recognize it? Shouldn't RSLinx attempt to install the driver?

You did not answer Ken's question. Are you using the real (9 pin) serial port on your computer?

Ok, I have tried to set it to COM1 but get the error there as well. I read on the manual for the 1747-PIC that it can be set to COM1 or COM2 depending on the computer, of course. Anything else I could do?

Delete all drivers from RSLinx. Then shutdown RSLinx.

Then delete the Harmony files, see txt below. Then open RsLinx and configure the PIC driver only.

Tried it out, unfortunately, it hasn't worked. I think the software side is fine. I may have a bad 1747-PIC converter or the RS-485 port on the SLC 5/03 is bad. I may end up sticking with the RS-232 and getting a cable for that instead for the QuickPanel View.

Thank you all!