PanelView c300 problems installing drivers

jrharris

Hello.

I need your help.

I have a 'panelview c300' Allen Bradley.
But when I try to install the drivers receive the following message:

"The divice drivers installation wizard successfully scanned your machine
but did not find any devices to be updated"

and nothing more.
I cant install the drivers.
Please help me.
What's the problem?
The drivers I got them from here:

http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/gr...-panelview-component-c300-terminals#resources

Welcome to the Forum!

It "sounds" like you are attempting to install the driver without the terminal connected to your computer?

Which Operating System are you trying to install the driver under?
Is the OS 32-bit or 64-bit?

If 64-bit, Windows 7 or 8 come with a compatible RNDIS driver already installed.

If 32-bit, you need to see the terminal as a connected USB device in Windows before installing the USB RNDIS driver.

When you connect the C300 terminal to your computer, in Windows Device Manager, does it show up as "PanelView Component" or "PVc USB Device" under "Other devices"?

If it does, you should attempt to update the driver for the device.
Select to update the driver yourself i.e. not automatically.
Select the device type you are updating the driver for - "Network adapters".
Then "Microsoft Corporation".
Next select "Remote NDIS Compatible device" and finish.

If XP, do the same, but instead browse to the downloaded USB RNDIS driver file.

Regards
George

Hello and thanks for your answer.

I found the problem: The Driver, the second driver list. This: Driver USB RNDIS versión 1.02
I thought it was a new driver and install it. Tip: DO NOT INSTALL

When trying to install the first driver (the right driver, this: Driver USB RNDIS versión 1.00) shows the error.

To fix it I should delete all registry keys associated with RNDIS USB DRIVERS.

Now I could install the correct driver.
Ufff... finally :)
And my connection to C300 is Ok.

Welcome to the Forum!

It "sounds" like you are attempting to install the driver without the terminal connected to your computer?

Which Operating System are you trying to install the driver under?
Is the OS 32-bit or 64-bit?

If 64-bit, Windows 7 or 8 come with a compatible RNDIS driver already installed.

If 32-bit, you need to see the terminal as a connected USB device in Windows before installing the USB RNDIS driver.

When you connect the C300 terminal to your computer, in Windows Device Manager, does it show up as "PanelView Component" or "PVc USB Device" under "Other devices"?

If it does, you should attempt to update the driver for the device.
Select to update the driver yourself i.e. not automatically.
Select the device type you are updating the driver for - "Network adapters".
Then "Microsoft Corporation".
Next select "Remote NDIS Compatible device" and finish.

If XP, do the same, but instead browse to the downloaded USB RNDIS driver file.

Regards
George

Thank you George, I have struggled for some time now regarding this issue.

On some PC's even though the screen is connected, powered up and showing in device manager the Allen Bradley driver package still won't recognize that is is connected and needs drivers.

I never would have thought to use any standard Windows drivers.

Thanks for your help.

You are most welcome, not only for the indirect assistance received, but also to the Forum! :site: