Dc motor control

The same way you 'make ladder logic' for anything.
Start by understanding the process, and what you need to accomplish, but you have to start there. If you want me to do it for you, there must be payment involved.

Dear Patrick

My aim is investigate controlling a DC Motor using a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) instead of micro-controller chips.

OK, here is the hardware you need:
-PLC with 2 digital outputs and 1 analog output (current, or voltage - if current you additionally need a 250Ohm Precision resistor)
- 3 x SPCO relays
- DC power supply with 12V DC output
- DC motor controller

I can provide links to Radio Spares online parts for these, do you have that supplier in your country?

Let me know when you have the hardware and I will provide instructions on how to wire together and then program.

How do you want to control the speed? Potentiometer, HMI, other?

OK then you also need an analog input module for the pot. I will suggest a toggle switch for the on/off. Do you want it bi-directional? (Forward and reverse)

List (or PM me) your email and I will send you a copy of the parts from the RS website

OK, that changes the quantity of SPCO relays from 3 to 1. What is your PLC output module - transistor or relay?

You mentioned SCP. That is an allen bradley term, is it the same instruction in Delta? You say input 5 - 5 what? Volts? Hertz? RPM?

Well I'm sorry but Allen Bradley is what I use - so that's what I will be sending. You can convert to Delta as the program is very simple. Or, if you want a turn key program in Delta, as rdrast says, I can email you a quote